Tuesday, March 2, 2010

JK on TV - You're My Inspiration :)

Howdy!

Well, it looks like winter may be loosening its grip a little. Yesterday, the thermometer hit 40 degrees. The carpet of white on the lawn has shrunk a bit. The huge piles of snow the plows pushed to the curb are slowly shriveling into sooty mounds of slush.

This morning, I thought I saw a crocus trying to poke through the frost in the garden. And, the weatherman said it's supposed to be 50 by the end of the week! :->


Another day brightener: I got to see a tiny bit of Maverick today before I left for work. I noticed Bart was wearing his dotted vest. The vest and JK's curly hair reminded me of a photo in the Kellection, one of my favs:

When I first saw that pic, it looked very familiar. That's because I had this Maverick newspaper ad from 1960:

Here's a closer look at Bart:

It's clear where the artist got the inspiration for the ad. :)

But, that's not surprising...JK is always inspiring my work, too. ;->

More about the Maverick ad here.

3 comments:

  1. Another great surprise, when I checked into your site today! Just love that Bart!!! How great to have the photo and the drawing, too!

    I hope you and I both are done with snow this Winter!!! I am so ready to see a few crocuses!! :-D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Janet! Glad you enjoyed seeing both versions of Bart. When I first found the drawing, I thought it was something the artist had just come up with. Then, I saw the pic and realized, oh, that's where they got the idea. Still cool, no matter what the source. Yes, it definitely looks like the crocuses and some of my perennials are starting to pop up. Spring can't be far away--yay! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, Spring is definitely on its way!! Hurray!! I went for a walk yesterday...was too snowy and windy for a long while. :)

    I just thought the fact that you had both versions and were able to connect the two was really a neat thing!! You have such a fabulous Kell-ection! I love Jack Kelly, but only have one hardback book about "Maverick" to show for it. LOL I really enjoy seeing what you have found, and also the information on Linda's site.
    Always nice to hear from you! Feel better soon!
    Janet

    ReplyDelete