Saturday, August 15, 2009

JK on Screen - "And Starring ??? As Jack Kelly"

There's been some fun discussion on the JK Facebook page about who might be able to play Jack Kelly if a movie was made about his life.

I gave the matter some thought, and my choice is:


No one.

Because, like all true stars, JK is an original and can't be duplicated. :)

And, they just don't make guys like Jack Kelly anymore. No modern actor could do him justice. :(

However, if it was announced tomorrow that Jack Kelly's life story was about to go before the cameras and someone had to play him, I would choose:

Ashton Kutcher. :0

I know, I know...that doesn't seem like a likely choice. One day, though, I stumbled upon What Happens in Vegas starring AK while channel surfing. I was surprised because it was better than I thought it would be. I was also surprised to notice that Mr. Kutcher reminded me of Mr. Kelly in certain ways.

I'm not saying there's a spot-on likeness, but there are similiarities in their smiles and especially in their eyes. And, Ashton Kutcher can play straight roles as well as convey the same kind of sweet silliness that JK sometimes displayed as Bart Maverick.


Maybe it's just me. Oh well, here are some photos where JK and AK kind of look like each other:





Actually, I prefer factual documentaries to scripted biopics. For instance, I was very disappointed in Walk the Line. I thought Joaquin Phoenix captured Johnny Cash's mannerisms, but not the man himself. I'd have much rather watched actual footage of Cash.

Therefore, I'd love to see a documentary made about Jack Kelly's life. Too bad the Biography Channel shows almost everything but biographies these days...that would be a great place for a JK documentary. Or, maybe Turner Classic Movies.

No comments:

Post a Comment