Monday, September 14, 2009

The Kelly Kollection - The Paper Chase


Howdy! Yesterday, I visited our local paper (ephemera) show. It occurs twice a year and features dozens of dealers selling vintage books, magazines, postcards, photos, posters, etc. I've attended this show for at least 15 years now and I usually make some good finds.

Unfortunately, this show has shriveled somewhat over the years, maybe due to the economy and/or eBay. The venue used to be completely filled with vendors--yesterday, not so much.

However, I managed to buy the Maverick comic book pictured above for just $5.00. The cover is kind of scuffy and a previous owner wrote their name on it in green ink. But, the inside is okay, and I saw the same issue in not much better shape up for bid on eBay for $16.99. So, I guess I got a pretty good deal. ;->

I bought a few movie magazines, too, but none had Jack Kelly in them.

Next weekend, I'm planning to try my luck at a major antiques fair almost 40 miles from my home. Sure, it's a bit of a drive, but it's usually worth it, and, at any rate, it's a nice trip into the country. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment