Tuesday, October 13, 2009

The Kelly Pages: "I Almost Didn't Get My Man"

Howdy!

Here's one of my favorite magazine covers from the "Kellection". It's from a 1959 issue of TV Picture Life. I just love JK's smile in this pic.

The corresponding cover story inside is one of my favorites, too. In it, May Wynn confesses that she almost scared Jack Kelly away by saying those three little words: "I love you." But, he surprised her by writing a heartfelt 28-page letter "describing what he felt about love and marriage, the obligations of a husband and wife, and what he could promise me." They eloped shortly afterward.

Ms. Wynn goes on to describe Jack Kelly as an excellent swimmer who also enjoyed horseback riding, sailing and, of course, golfing. She adds that JK "is crazy about people--wants to talk to them, hear their problems, share all he can." :)

No comments:

Post a Comment