Monday, November 9, 2009

The Kelly Pages: Comic Jack Kelly IV

Hello!

Here's a look at the final Maverick annual in my Kellection. It's probably the nicest one, too:

Bart is finally joined by brother Bret (James Garner) on the cover, along with cousin Beau (Roger Moore). He's still only partially shown, though.

As usual, the annual is filled with comic strips and stories. The first story in the book is titled:

This annual is probably the only place where cousins Bret, Bart and Beau appear together in the same story (James Garner left Maverick before Roger Moore came aboard as Beau, although Moore had appeared with Garner and Kelly as a different character in "The Rivals" episode). The story's author did get a trifle confused, though, because Bret, Bart and Beau are described as "the Maverick brothers".

There's also a "Maverick" game and factoids about riverboats, derringers and famous gamblers such as Wild Bill Hickok and Bat Masterson (I wonder how many parents knew their kids were reading this stuff?). ;->

How 'bout one more look at Bart:

3 comments:

  1. I love all the information and pictures you post! Always very interesting when I come to your site! Thank You.

    Janet

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Janet - Thanks once again, and happy Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Could you post some panels from this comic with all three of them together? I assume Don Siegle drew it, although I can't say that for sure until I behold his astonishingly photorealistic Bret, and I'd like to see how he handled it, not to mention the writers. Perhaps you could write a synopsis of any 3-Maverick stories, akin to your earlier descriptions of individual episodes. I've had several of the comics myself dating back to probably the last one with Bret but I've never seen this except pictures of the cover and had no idea it featured stories with all three leading characters. You floored me on that one.

    ReplyDelete