Thursday, December 3, 2009

The Kelly Pages: Additions to the Kellection!--Pt V :)

Hello Again!

Without further ado, here's the rest of the write-up (and more riveting revelations) from Silver Screen Annual 1960:


"Jack is a bug on togetherness. The pair are inseparable. At a recent press party Jack talked about their life together for about ten minutes. Then Donna quipped, 'That's my Kelly...the only entertainer who can do a single on Togetherness!'

The Kelly's are even working on a cookbook together. As do-it-yourself addicts, they've made a gem of the unpretentious little Valley house.

Jack met Donna when they were both at Columbia [Pictures]. 'As for me,' recalls Jack, 'I was always very fickle. I didn't have much interest in assuming the responsibilities of marriage. I felt that I worked too hard for a dollar to just hand it over to a wife. Too, I'd seen so many of my friends marry the wrong type of girl. Being Catholic, I wanted to be sure. I had to figure on marriage once and forever. But six weeks after our first date, I borrowed some money and we got married.'

With a happy marriage assured, now all Jack Kelly has to do is convince himself that there's room at the top for all the Warner television stars."

[B27: Unfortunately, it sounds like the people who really needed convincing were the idio...er, the ignor...er, I mean, the intelligent men who ran Warner's... >:-0 ]


NEXT TIME: What was cookin' with JK in '61--whoa, this might take a few chapters--and my favorite photo from these new additions. See you then! :->

1 comment:

  1. You have such interesting news about Jack Kelly! I love to visit your site! Thanks again, Bartista!

    Janet

    ReplyDelete