Wednesday, September 16, 2020

A Zoomin' Birthday! :)

"With lockdowns and social-distancing, it looks like we won't be able to have a birthday party for you this year, Jack."

"Not to worry, Goldie--we'll have a virtual party! Okay, everyone, the party is online...now!"


"Uh, Jim, you're on mute..."

"Oops, sorry old chap! CAN YOU 
HEAR ME NOW?"

"Yep...can you turn the volume down?"

"Certainly!"

"Bonjour, Jack!"

"Well, hello Countess!"

"What kinda caper is this? 
Dad? Suzanne? What's with the crazy threads?"

"I think you have the wrong party, son."

"I sure do...this is Squaresville! 
Hey, you ever been to 77 Cherokee Strip?"

"We sure have! Right, Jack? Er, Jack?"


"I'm here! Say, can somebody ping Bret? 
He accepted the invite but hasn't joined us yet."

"Will do!"

"Happy birthday, Jack!"

"Happy Holliday, Doc!"

"I see what you did there."

"Howdy, Jack, it's Pappy and Bentley here. 
Bret got your IM...he sends his regards."

"What's Bret doing?"

"He's playin' poker with that Samantha Crawford. Now, you know what I always say about playin' poker with women..."

"Yeah, I do Pappy. Uh, Goldie?"

"Yes, Jack?"

"What about my birthday cake?"

"Well...I'm afraid it's going to be 
virtual this year, too."


"Psych! I sent it by express delivery. 
It should be at your house any minute now!"

(DING DONG!)

"It's here! Thanks a million, Goldie!"


"HAPPY BIRTHDAY, JACK!!!"

--Meeting has ended---

(Click!
Click!
Click!
Click!
Click!)

No comments:

Post a Comment