Thursday, January 10, 2013

Jack Kelly DVD News: Maverick and More! :)

Howdy Everyone!

For the past few months I've been haunting various entertainment sites in search of news about the Maverick Season 2 DVD set. 

YAY! TVShowsOnDVD finally came through for me today with the release date (April 23) and cover artwork for the upcoming Maverick release:


If you ask me, I think this set will be a vast improvement over Season One...as far as the cover art goes, that is.  Of course, the fact that JK is in more episodes in Season Two can't hurt either.   ;-)

BUT WAIT...THERE'S MORE!

Maverick Season 2 isn't the only Jack Kelly related DVD set about to be released. The fantastic folks at Shout! Factory are releasing The Hardy Boys: Season 3 on February 12 in the US and Canada. This is the 10-episode final season where Jack Kelly rode herd on the Hardys at the Justice Department. It's available for pre-release now directly from Shout! for only $18.98. It would make a great Valentine's Day gift--for yourself, or any other JK fan. :) 


AND:

By now, you've probably heard about the big doings at the Huntington Beach Library scheduled for January 26, but in case you haven't, here's a link with all the info. It sounds like it's going to be a splendid event featuring our friend Linda J. Alexander (along with some pretty amazing guest stars, I'm told). Any JK fans who are able to attend are in for a rare treat, I'm sure. Believe me, I would give anything to be in HB on 1/26,  but, alas...Well, if any reader attends and would like to share the experience, I have a guest blogger spot all warmed up for you here on TDS. Just drop me a line! 

I have some other fun stuff planned for TDS in 2013, including a special look at little Jack Kelly...or Jack Kelly when he was little. However you want to look at it, it's going to be big. Stay tuned--and thanks so much for reading TDS.  :)

2 comments:

  1. Thx, La Bartista, as usual, for everything you do for Jack's memory. I appreciate the notice about the Huntington Beach Friends of the Library Author's Luncheon in honor of Jack on 1/26. I wish you could be there!

    As always ... we're grateful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Odd that they choose cover photos for both DVDs without Garner's hat on the back of his head; I have a feeling that whomever did the choosing on that were more or less unfamiliar with the series.

    Has anyone looked at the expanded 2nd edition of the 1994 book "Maverick - Legend of the West" yet? Came out back in November 2012, I think, and it's hard to find a copy here, oddly enough, and it's already out of print. (I seldom order anything online.) There's an interesting radio interview of the writer, Ed Robertson, about the revised edition on youtube.

    ReplyDelete