Sunday, November 6, 2011

"Hello Bart! Hello Bret!" :)

Hello All!

I found an unusual version of the Maverick theme song on YouTube. Performed by Johnny Gregory & his orchestra with the Michael Sammes Singers, this 1960 recording includes audio "cameos" from Bart and Bret, and even Dandy Jim Buckley! Plus, there are some mighty nice scenes of our boys in the video. Enjoy! :)



And speaking of enjoying, I listened to the "On the Grid" broadcast featuring Linda Alexander discussing A Maverick Life: The Jack Kelly Story. It was great to hear Linda, and the voices of the JK fans who called in (including Janet T. and "Prof. Plum"). It was also a special treat to hear JK's widow, Jo, and his daughter, Nicole Garner, who is celebrating her birthday this weekend. (Happy Birthday, Nicole!)

Plus, wonderful news: A Maverick Life is set to be released around the end of this month and is now available for pre-order on the BearManor Media site! :)

6 comments:

  1. Hmmm ... how is it I'M the last to know?! I've not been online this AM but as of last PM, there was no pre-order page. Thx, La Bartista, for being the bearer of great news. You should see the Happy Dance I just did!

    Have a great weekend, all ... I'm off to finish reviewing final galleys before publication.

    ReplyDelete
  2. La Batista,

    I posted an earlier comment before seeing this one! Thank you so much for listening to the show yesterday .... what an honor. It was a special treat for me as I have co-host with Linda going on our second year .... and adore her. I'm so excited about her book finally being released! Here is the link to the archive of the On The Grid show, if you would like to have it.

    Warmest Regards,
    Debbie Barth

    ReplyDelete
  3. Was that Debbie Barth or Debbie Breth? By the way, where's that link, I'd like to hear that show. This record on the video clip is one of the strangest things I've ever heard, especially the three actors impersonating Garner, Kelly, and Zimbalist.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I might be wrong about this but I just listened to it again and I think the actor playing Bart in the first part of recording is addressed by Dandy Jim as "Bret" in the middle. By the way, I never thought Efrem Zimblalist,Jr. was one-tenth as good in any other role as he was as Dandy Jim Buckley.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! Loved this music and the video, Bartista! So glad you listened to the radio show, too! I am so excited about Linda's book coming soon...I feel like a child on Christmas Eve!!
    Thank you for sharing this...really brightened up my Sunday!

    Janet T.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I enjoyed being apart of the On the Grid show for Linda's book -- this was the first time I have ever called in to a radio show.

    ReplyDelete